14919/p1259070611_595.jpg

 

14919/p373456585_596.jpg

Pilot School opened in the fall of 1923.
The new brick building consisted of eight

classrooms, an office, and an auditorium.

In the early 1930s, the county added
eight classrooms and the people of the

community cut timber and built a

gymnasium. Next, a cafeteria and one

classroom were added.

In 1951, a new high school building was
erected, and in 1958, a new and more

modern cafeteria was built.

The last senior class graduated from Pilot
High School in the spring of 1961.

Grades nine through twelve of Fair

Grove and Pilot Schools then merged to

form East Davidson High School.

In 1975, the most recent reorganization
took place with the uniting of seventh and eighth grades of Fair Grove and Pilot Schools, forming the E. Lawson Brown Junior High School.