About Our School
School Colors: Green, White and Yellow
School Mascot: Dragons
Number of Students: 670 (subject to change daily)
Total Number of Staff, Licensed and Non-Licensed: 70(est.)
School Hours: 8:00 - 3:00
School History: The building that houses Tyro Middle School was first built in 1958 as West Davidson High School. In 1975 the high school moved to a new facility and Tyro Junior High moved into the building. During the 1988-89 school year and the incorporation of the middle school philosophy, our school name officially changed to Tyro Middle School.
School Advisory Council:
Our School Advisory Council is comprised of five members appointed by the Davidson County Board of Education. It serves our school in an advisory capacity and is a liaison between the Board of Education and community members.
School Improvement Team:
This team is comprised of representative school staff members and parents who set school goals and closely monitor school operations.
Tyro Middle has several partnerships that provide volunteers to our school, mini-grants for teachers, materials for classrooms, and support for our academic and athletic programs. Business people interested in forming a partnership with our school should contact the principal.