To get free or reduced price meals for your child(ren), you must complete a Free and Reduced Meal Application and mail to Davidson County Schools, Child Nutrition Services, P. O. Box 2057, Lexington, NC 27293. Incomplete applications will not be approved. Only one application needs to be completed for each household.
• If your child gets food stamps or TANF, as of July 1 of the current year, your child could be approved for free meals through Direct Certification. This is approved per child not family. Be sure to check all letters received from our office to make sure all of your children are listed.
• If your total household income is the same or less than the amounts on the Income Chart (included with the Free and Reduced Meal Application), your child(ren) can get free or reduced price meals.
• A foster child or a child living in a group home may be eligible for free or reduced price meals regardless of household income. See specific instructions included with the Free and Reduced Meal Application for completing an application for these students.
The reduced price meal is 40 cents for lunch and 30 cents for breakfast. Once approved for meal benefits, your child is entitled to one (1) breakfast and (1) lunch each school day at the benefit rate.
How to apply for free or reduced price meals for your child(ren):
1. An application for meal benefits will be mailed to households the first week of August. Only one application needs to be completed for each household. You may apply for meal benefits anytime during the school year.
2. Click here for 2013-2014 Free and Reduced Price Meal Application English or Spanish
3. Return the completed application by mail to Child Nutrition Services.
4. You will be notified by US Mail when your application is processed.
Being approved for Free or Reduced Meals does not waive any fees for programs outside of Child Nutrition Services. Fee Waivers from your child(ren)'s school does not give you Free or Reduced meals.
For additional instructions on completing a Free and Reduced Application contact Child Nutrition Services weekdays between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. at (336) 242-5635.