"Elementary Battle of the Books" Booklist
2012-2013 (17 titles)
A Dog's Life: The Autobiography of a Stray
| Ann M. Martin|
Because of Winn-Dixie
|Becoming Naomi Leon||Pam Munoz Ryan|
|Blood on the River: James Town 1607||Elisa Carbone|
|*Found||Margaret Peterson Haddix|
|How to Steal a Dog|| Barbara O'Connor|
|Lawn Boy||Gary Paulsen|
|Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH|| Robert C. O'Brien|
|The Mystery of the Lost Colony||Carole Marsh|
|Peace, Locomotion||Jacqueline Woodson|
|Ruby Holler||Sharon Creech|
|Runaway Twin||Peg Kehret|
|The Last Holiday Concert||Andrew Clements|
|The Lemonade War||Jacqueline Davies|
|Tuck Everlasting||Natalie Babbitt|
Listed below are the requirements for the 2012-2013 "EBOB" team:
1) Students who are in fourth or fifth grade and can read on at least a fourth grade reading level.
2) Students have to have an average of an A or B on reading last year: running record has to be above the student's grade level
(teachers will have this information).
3) Students will be required to read 12 of the 18 titles.
4) Students have to be able to handle classwork AND EBOB reading.
5) Practices will be held on Wednesday afternoons from
2:30 pm -3:30 pm. Afterschool transportation will be needed to pick up each team member.
6) All team members will exhibit good sportsmanslike behavior at
practices AND at the county competition.