Athletic Directors: Smith Leatherman, Misti Butts
**The Booster Club will meet the first Tuesday of each month. Go to the calendar for date, time and place. All parents are invited to attend. The Booster Club has one fundraiser a year and all parents of team members are expected to participate. Thank you for your help and hope to see you at a meeting.
##PHYSICALS for the 2013-14 athletic teams have already been completed. If your child needs a physical, please see your doctor.
1. All students must have an up-to-date physical, insurance, and permission from a parent or guardian to tryout for a team. A student may not fail 2 or more classes for the last semester of classes. You must show your last semester report card to your coach. If you cannot find your report card, tell your coach. DO NOT CALL STUDENT SERVICES. The student must have been promoted to the next grade and present at school at least 85% of the semester in order to try out for the teams at North Davidson Middle School.
2. ***HEAT*** If the temperature is close to 90 or above, we may be practicing late. This decision will come from the County Office in the morning. We will post on the web site as soon as we know. We will announce to the students as soon as we get the word. The practice times will begin at 6:00 on "Heat Days". Please have plans for your child to get home if it is a Heat Day.
3. Go to Sports Calendar for game times, place and special information(heat, meetings and etc.)
4. The PHYSICAL FORM that can be downloaded from the Sports Zone site MUST be used if you get a physical at your regular doctor. This form is REQUIRED by the NCHSAA. You can turn the paper work in to the coach at the parent meeting or the first day of tryouts. If you have any questions, please call one of the A.D.'s.
5. **You may purchase school insurance if needed. This covers your child during all school activities and the price is for the entire school year. (This would be secondary to your current insurance) Please contact an A.D. or the school if you are interested.
6. **All practices are closed to the public.
7. If a student does not participate or dress out in PE classes, they are not allowed to practice or participate in that day's activity(game or practice).
8. If a student misses a practice or game for a travel or competitive event other than NDMS, they are subject to a one-game suspension or possible removal from the team.