Alternative to Suspension Center
8:00 - 11:00
(does not operate if school system is delayed)
12:00 - 3:00
(does not operate on early release days)
About the Program
Our program is located in the old Davis-Townsend school building, now Yadkin Valley Regional Career Academy. The address is 2065 East Holly Grove Rd., Lexington, NC 27292.
Click here for directions
A brief description of our program is as follows:
Procedure for Attendance
Work with the students' home schools to provide an alternative to Out of School Suspension (OSS).
Provide students that have been either short-term suspended (3 - 10 days) or long-term suspended (for the remainder of a semester or school year) the opportunity to continue their academic tract, begin a new course, or recover credits that were lost at some point during their academic career.
Work with the teachers to assign the most appropriate academic work for each individual student to ensure a quality school day will be achieved.
Work closely with the Administration, Guidance department and school Social Worker to foster student success.
- Provide an in-room facilitator, Ms. Keene, to ensure students are meeting the expectations of the program.
- Student is assigned to Alternative Suspension Center (ASC) by the student's principal.
- Student is provided the dates of attendance and which session to attend.
- On the first day of ASC, a parent/guardian must accompany the student to the ASC room and meet with Ms. Keene.
- Bring a copy of the suspension letter provided by the student's principal.
- Student will be provided coursework via materials from student's teachers and/or e2020 online coursework.
- Coursework and/or grades will be returned to the student's teachers daily by Ms. Keene. Students will not be allowed to take work home from ASC.
- Upon completion of the suspension, students will return to their respective school.
- Parent/Guardian must provide transportation to and from the ASC. Student parking is provided for student drivers.
- Students must report on time or they will not be permitted entrance into the ASC room.
- Students are expected to follow the instructions of the facilitator, Ms. Keene, at all times.
- The staff of ASC may dismiss a student at any time for failure to comply with the rules and ethics of the program. Upon dismissal, the student's principal will be notified and the student's suspension will continue out of school.
- Students will attend all assigned days.
- Students will work on coursework as directed.
- Cellphones are not permitted in the ASC room.
For more information, please contact:
About the Coordinator
During my time with Davidson County Schools, I have taught math at Davidson County High School and served as West Davidson High School's Student Advancement Coach overseeing their online class offerings. I also served as WDHS' Graduation Project Coordinator. Currently, in conjunction with the Alternative Suspension Center, I am also the Coordinator of Virtual Curriculum for Davidson County Schools.
I graduated from Montreat College with a Bachelor's Degree in Business and went on to obtain a Master's in Business Administration from East Tennessee State University. Most recently, I have completed my Master's in Administration through High Point University.