Money Transfers

How do I get a refund if my student has graduated or transfers away from the district?

If the amount of positive balance is small enough (less than $25.00), the cafeteria cashiers can issue refunds upon presentation of a parental note. If the amount is too great (more than $25) to refund out of the cashier drawer (or if it is after the school year is over), the parent can contact Alicia Dunlap, Accounts Payable at the School Nutrition office at 336-242-5543. Any money left in the student's account 30 days after withdrawal or graduating will resort back to the Davidson County School account.

What happens to my student's lunch account balance when they transfer between schools in the district?

Once the school data manager at the new school enrolls the transferred student, the student's lunch account (including any account balance they may have) will automatically transfer to the student's new school cafeteria within 24 hours.

This applies to transfers during the school year, but also applies to transfers that happen over the summer due to students graduating from Elementary, Middle, or High schools.

If my student ends up with a positive balance left in their cafeteria account at the end of the school year, what happens to that money?

Any money left in the account at the end of the school year will be kept in that account, allowing the student to use those funds at the beginning of the next school year.
Can I transfer funds from one of my students account to another student?
Yes, funds can be transferred from one students account to another using
Non-Discrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)   mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)   fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3)  email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.