About Us » Public Records Request (Not Transcripts)

Public Records Request (Not Transcripts)

Please do not use this form to request transcripts or educational/student records. Use the "Transcripts" quick link on the DCS homepage to request student records.
You may use this link to submit your request electronically:

Or you may submit the form in one of the following ways:

Mail to or deliver to

Davidson County Schools

Attention: Communications Department

250 County School Road

Lexington, NC 27292

Fax to


Email to

[email protected]


Pursuant to Section D of Policy 8.4, Public Records Retention, Release and Disposition and N.C.G.S. 132-6.2, the Superintendent’s office has adopted a fee structure and procedures for public records requests which can be found in Administrative Procedure 8.4. 

If it is determined that your request is such that it may require extensive use of information technology resources and/or extensive clerical or supervisory assistance you will be responsible for a copying fee and a special service charge that must be paid prior to the records being provided to you.