Mission and Vision
My mission is to equip DCS staff and students with the necessary skills and knowledge to harness the power of instructional technology tools for meeting standards-based instructional goals.
My vision is to revolutionize the ways we teach and learn through the use of digital technologies to foster creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving.
I work with staff and students to incorporate relevant and rigourous teaching and learning opportunities using digital resources. Edtech tools are changing the way we teach and learn everyday and I am always looking for new ways to support teachers who are looking to enhance the use of technology in their classroom while supporting standards-based instruction in all classroom settings.
My goals for the year include:
- Increasing capacity for utilizing digital tools for personalized learning K-12
- Empowering teachers to be effective communicators using the latest tools
- Support DCS library media staff and school media technology committee goals
- Providing individualized support for student-centered learning using digital tools
- Support DCS Robotics coaches and teams in programming and operation of EV3 robots
- Modeling and providing professional development to build capacity with the Digital Teaching and Learning Competencies