Exceptional Children » Notes to Newcomers and Parent Resources

Notes to Newcomers and Parent Resources

Welcome to Davidson County Schools!

If you have a child who has been receiving special education services, register your child for school in the district in which you live and provide the school with a current copy of the student's Individualized Education Program (IEP). Once you have registered the child for school, the IEP will be reviewed to determine services. 

When school is not in session, you may contact the Director of Exceptional Children, 218-C County School Road, Lexington NC 27292, or call 336-242-5508.

If your child does not have an IEP and you are concerned that your child might be in need of special education and/or related services, you should contact your child's teacher.


Parent Handbook 



Policies Handbook