Skip to main content

Davidson County Schools

Mobile Menu Toggle
250 County School Rd. | Lexington, NC 27292 phone Phone: 336-249-8182 phone Fax: 336-249-1062
School Nutrition » Free and Reduced Meal Applications

Free and Reduced Meal Applications

Free or Reduced Lunch applications will NOT be mailed to students/parents.
To receive free or reduced price meals for students, please complete a Free and Reduced Meal Application.
Apply for Free and Reduced Meals:

Visit the website and in a few simple steps complete and submit your free and reduced form.
  • If you would rather have a paper application, you can download a copy of the application here (English or Spanish). Paper applications are also available at each school site and cafeteria.
  • Instructions for completing Free & Reduced Meal Applications can be found here (English or Spanish)
  • Once your application has been processed, a result letter will be mailed to your home.  This letter should arrive within 10 days of submitting your application.

If your child receives food stamps or TANF, they are eligible for free lunch, if you have not received a letter of direct certification from our office, please complete an application.

A foster child or a child living in a group home is eligible for free meals regardless of household income.
Please complete an application to begin this process.

Being approved for Free or Reduced meals does not waive any school fees for programs outside of the School Nutrition Services. Fee waiver from your student’s school does not give you Free or reduced priced meals.
For additional instructions on completing an online application or a printed copy please contact the
School Nutrition department, 336-242-5635 between 7:30 am and 4:30 pm.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)      mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
                   Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
                   1400 Independence Avenue, SW
                   Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)      fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.